Welcome to Earthwave 2015
Welcome to the seventh edition of the Earthwave Beach Festival which will be held at Surfers’ Corner in Muizenberg, Cape Town on Sunday 27 September, from 9 am till late.
This popular annual celebration of the beach lifestyle features:
- Attempts to set new Guinness World Records for the:
- Most Surfers on the Same Wave
- Largest Bikini Parade
- A host of wave-riding and beach activities for the whole family including Tandem Surfing, Touch Rugby, Surfing, Dig for Gold and more
- Entertainment including local live acts, a Beach Bar and Food Trucks
- Exhibitions, demonstrations and talks to promote environmentally friendly products and services
- Raising awareness and funds for worthy causes.
Started in 2006 to raise awareness about the increase in inshore shark activity around the Cape Peninsula, the festival uses the immense interest in attempts to set new world records to promote sustainable lifestyle options, beach culture and fun in the sun.
This year will see another attempt to improve on the record of 110 surfers riding same wave, set at Earthwave 2009. And for the first time Cape Town will challenge the record for the largest bikini parade which currently stands at 1 085 girls in two-piece swimsuits walking for a mile set in China in 2012.
The entertainment will take place in the Muizenberg Pavilion, right on the edge of the water overlooking action.
The Earthwave Beach Festival is produced by Kahuna Promotions with outdoor festival experts GoodTimes Events handling the entertainment. Proceeds from the record attempts will be donated to Dare to Share charity and the NSRI.